Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 16:53

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally posted by JudyTrue

snip

Can I make one observation--actually two? In my opinion the CALP book is poorly written, and I find myself with as many questions as answers when I read it. Also, the CA website isn't much better and is so limited. Do you agree? I did see the Hellers on the Rosie show some time ago and, dare I say, they were a bit "different"!

I don't know that I would characterize the book as "poorly written", in that it follows a rather popular style of telling stories, and I tend to skip a lot of that. The real meat that I found was on only about 4 pages...the part where they describe how to do the Basic Plan, and what foods to eat when. But I can see how you would think that is not especially well-written.

One thing that confused me was in the recipe section.....one recipe was for Liver Mushrooms, and involved mushrooms, butter, chicken livers, onion, cream cheese and some spices. Over in the "Rewarding Meals" recipes there was Easy Chicken Liver Paté", which contains chicken livers, chicken broth, eggs, onion, chicken fat or butter, salt and pepper. Now I ask you, why is one CM and the other RM? That makes no sense to me at all. Perhaps SKS will explain it to me?

What sorts of questions were you left with after reading the book?

I did not see the Hellers on Oprah's show, but was on an email alias that discussed it at length. Too bad she didn't understand the plan...it may have helped her quite a bit, especially since she had Richard and Rachael at her beck and call to help her whenever she needed it. As I understand it, she got hung up on wanting to eat carbs any time she wished, and just never stayed on the plan long enough to see if it worked for her. The story goes that they talked to her on the phone quite a bit and "sang songs" to her to help her along. I guess that's kinda "different".

Their website appears to be only for selling their books, and giving a overview of their plan. Too bad it isn't more interactive, or there isn't something like this website offers. I like being able to discuss and all.....guess you can tell I like to talk!

Take care.....see you all later!