View Single Post
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 17:51

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Bawdy! What the heck did they give you!! I was on liquids only for 24hrs, then that night took 1 bottle of mag citrate. It's 8oz, and I mixed it with about 4-6 ounces of crystal light. It was gross, but with a straw it was tolerable. The effect was just a little worse than taking too much magnesium!! No cramps, just several trips to the bathroom.

And remind me never to go to Maine Medical if I have to have another procedure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl
When mine was done, I was WIDE AWAKE lol.

That is seriously not something to laugh about!! Was there a reasonable reason why you weren't given anything? There is also a "less invasive" procedure that is often done, even in the MD office, without anesthesia, and can be painful....are you sure you didn't have that?

When I had mine it was pretty much as Bawdy described. My doc was late, trouble getting an IV into the patient before me, and one of the nurses stayed with me, chatting, until he was ready. She said "I'm going to give you something to sleep" and that's about it. Next thing I know the doc is telling me all's well and I'll need another in 10 years. No real discomfort after that I remember.

Oh and PS....Dr Mary Dan Eades first name is "Mary Dan", not "Mary", and apparently she doesn't like being called Mary.
Code:
Dan is not my maiden name, although most people mistakenly assume so. My first name is not Mary; it is Mary Dan, a good old Southern double name. I am named Mary after my mother (Edith Mary) and Dan after my great aunt, Dan. Actually Dannie.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmd_blog/?p=127