#49   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-07, 14:24

Plan: CKD/Carb Cycling
Stats: 240/231/220 Male 5'7"
BF:19.7%/15.3%/10%
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I'm a fiber skeptic, too. IMO, it's the phytonutrients in the higher-fiber foods that deserve credit for positive health outcomes, not the fiber itself. It seems like "they" credited fiber almost arbitrarily.

And for a rant of my own... I hate the colon-cleanse scam artists who are proclaiming that 80% of people "suffer" from constipation, and/or 80% of health problems can be solved by using our magical laxatives... or something ridiculous like that.

Kristine,

I have lost track of the number of times I have almost clicked that "checkout and submit order" button on some website selling a colon cleanse product. Each time common sense prevailed. You are correct. It is one of the biggest health scams out there.

My own mother had a colonoscopy(sp?) two years ago. She had to clean herself out before the procedure. I asked her in a roundabout way about what was expelled . It was nothing like what is described by these charlatans. And this was a then 67 year old woman who should have had a ton of stuff coming out just based on her age!!

BTW, please send of that warm weather in Southern Ontario to us in B.C. Looks like fall in Vancouver these last several weeks!