View Single Post
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-07, 08:14

Plan: 158548
Stats: 121/125/145 Female 154
BF:
Progress:

Hi Girls,
I have the same awful patches around my neck and it's really awful.

My dermatologist says my blood test is normal. I am not insulin resistant. My doctor says in my case AN is a hereditary condition which has no cure. I've tried to vanish the dark patches with Tri-Luma but there was no improvement.
My weight is normal and I don't have any disorder producing this.

However, this whole problem has affected my self-steem. Since I've diagnosed with AN I feel less confident about my appearance...I feel anyone looking at me is gonna notice the dark ring around my neck and reject me, which makes me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed...Sometimes I feel like explaining what I have to the world, so that noone may think it's a question of bad hygene. Come on, it's a dermatological condition after all! But this dilemma is really killing me and I don't know what to do...

I wear a long hair so as to hide my neck, but sometimes I sort of get tired of the whole thing. Shit it feels really awful.
Anyone out there feeling the same way?

I've also tried to hide the patches with make-up. There's a good special make-up by La Roche Possay which is highly recommendable but still it's only a temporary solution...

Ok, if you feel like talking, please write to debora_argentina1980~hotmail.com

best!!!
Deb

PS: Sorry if you find any language mistakes but English is not my mother tongue. I am from Argentina and I speak Spanish lol...