Old Mon, Jun-22-15, 12:16
Registered Member

Plan: modified S.B./Semi-Veggie
Stats: 206/153/145 Female 64 "
BF:too much to count
Progress: 87%
Red face Returning to veggies

Hi all fellow veggie lover's,
I'm a former ovo-lacto vegetarian years ago who started eating meat when I married my meat loving carb chowing hubby. I became low carb a few months ago and now am about 5-7 lbs. from goal weight. I try to keep my carbs at 50-75 a day. I also since I'm so close to goal reduced my fat level some. I'm 55 and pretty inactive but do walk my 3 dogs a few times a day for exercise. I'm kind of inactive due to hip pain looking at hip replacement soon, I do as much as pain will allow. I take steroid shots every 6 months to help controlled it and could do them more often but choose not to. I want to give up eating meat, except for fish a few times a month. My family thinks I'm nuts since we raise beef cattle on our ranch and I refuse to eat our grass fed beef. It's just impossible for me to bottle feed a calf due to mommy dying or getting ill and watching it grow up and knowing one day it will be dinner. I just can't. Call me crazy, but I love animals. Anyway, this past weekend I made the choice to go meatless ( except for occasional fish and shrimp). For my protein I eat cheese, drink low carb high protein ( 30 grams), greek yogurt, eggs, nuts, cottage cheese and my favorite peanut butter. I hate the taste of tofu and fake meats, refuse to eat soy if I can avoid it. I know I'm a fussy eater... it's been ages since I ate this way is there a protein I'm forgetting ? Over the weekend my breakfast was a protein shake and some stir- fried peppers,onions,mushrooms and spinach with a little salsa on top, lunch was a Greek yogurt with some sunflower seeds and about 1/4 c of raspberries mixed in and dinner was a bust ( I wanted pasta ) I kept it a 1/3 c serving of whole wheat with added protein and omega 3. I put Alfredo sauce on top and had a small serving of carrots with it . Pasta isn't something I will eat regularly but maybe once in awhile. I probably exceeded my carb count yesterday, but when I weighed I didn't gain any water weight which was good and had no cravings for other foods so it was all good. I even got my husband to try a meatless meal, he wasn't crazy about it but he ate it. Any suggestions on other types of proteins I'm forgetting please advise. Like I said it's been years since I've ate this way and I'm a bit rusty. Thanks !
Sponsored Links