Old Fri, Oct-23-15, 12:16
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie OFS
When I was eating a ton of carbs, I couldn't stay awake in the afternoon. When I stopped eating grains & sugar & went lchf, I found I rarely need an afternoon nap. I usually get about 6 1/2 to 7 hours of sleep each night. I used to need more than 8 hours.

Just maybe there's a connection between a lot of carbs & needing more sleep?

Ditto. I used to love watching sports on the weekends 'cause I loved to find a nice boring game and get a nap in. These days I can't seem to sit through an entire game. I can no longer nap during the day even if I try. I used to be able to stay up late and sleep in. 8 hours in bed was my norm. 6 or 7 hours of sleep is all I need these days. Earlier this week I went to bed a little earlier than I normally do... about 9:30pm. I woke up equally early - before 5am. I was fully awake, so I got up. In my 51 years eating SAD, I was never this way. Eating this WOE consistently has changed me into a different sort of beast. I like the change, but I am still utterly amazed by it. I used to think morning people had a screw loose or something. That would never be me. Now I think that it has something to do with a healthy metabolism. I sleep better. I sleep deeper. I need less sleep. I also wake up with the sunrise each day. Yep - I am now a morning person.