View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Mar-16-16, 16:01

Plan: Deciding
Stats: 240/240/200 Male 73.2
BF:
Progress:

I can relate to what you describe hunger. I cannot tell you how many times that type of hunger took me to a negative/confrontational mood swing where I felt must to eat now. When I started fasting I jumped right in at 36hrs 3x per week and that first fast day was hard, but I was determined. By fast day 2 and 3 I realized that hunger while fasting felt nothing like the overwhelming feeling of hunger I was used to. I found that making homemade bone broth (super easy, just takes a couple days in a crockpot) and seasoning it just like I do my homemade chili really helped me. I typically have 1 (2 if needed) cup of this chili sauce that is packed with fat and nutrients and it stops my hunger instantly. The broth keeps me feeling full most of the day. Other than that I drink about 176 ounces of water (based on needs for my weight) and that helps to. Since I had a great start (considering the impact on BS and actually seeing weight loss), I decided to test out the 24hr fast 3 to 4 days a week instead of the 36hr one. So far I love it because I get dinner everyday and I am still seeing all the benefits of the 36hr fast. That said, I feel confident I could increase my fast if I ever needed...As long as I have my chili fat bone broth

~Jey100 THANK YOU for posting that link Butter Bob! You sent me down a rabbit hole that I spent hours on. I have read his web page and watched every video he has done on his youtube. Very informative and I loved how he presents things. His story/information along with Dr. Fungs has really been a great turning point for me. I feel empowered instead of resolved in hopelessness. After watching Bob's videos I have even took a long look at my LCHF diet and am adjusting it a little to see how some of his suggestions or insights really, will pay out in my situation. I also really resonated with his talk about not eating when you are full, just because it is a meal time. Mainly because since I have started this, there has been more than one occasion on non-fast days where I just still felt very full at dinner time, even though my meals are not huge and I do not snack. I think a mistake I am making is I was still forcing myself to eat during those times, because it was meal time. This has all been very eye opening as I learn more and start to listen to my own body. That said, keep up the good work all.

One question that plagues me is: What is moderate protein. I am having a hard time finding a straight answer on how much a 260# person should eat in order to stay moderate and I wonder if I should go by total weight or lean body mass. Any help would be great!

-Steve