Old Fri, Jun-01-12, 10:20
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie328
I agree, but I love smoking so I decided to wait till next jan. just in case the world ends on dec. 21st.

Every year there's another doomsday set. What'll it be in 2013? Forgive my bluntness, but this is a lame excuse. Why not go ahead and eat all the sugar and gain all the weight you want now because some people think the world is going to end because the Mayans ran out of room, or resources, to carve calendars.

On Jan 1st, 2013 a massive asteroid might hit earth, or a super volcano might erupt, like the one that nearly made humans extinct 74,000 years ago. Or the stock market might crash, or you might get into a car wreck, or an elephant might sit on you.

One day I realized that I'd never actually really feel ready to quit smoking until perhaps the day after I've been diagnosed with some horrible terminal illness. Then it'd be too late.

If it were me and I knew I was going to be sat upon by an elephant on Dec. 21st... I'd love to have a few months where my lungs weren't trying to crawl out of my chest cavity, foods tasted really wonderful, my sense of smell grew keener and I was proud of myself for tackling a very difficult addiction.