Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 12:19

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Hello ladies! Got a few questions.

I'm 47, I realize things change at this age. But some of these changes have got me a bit worried so I figured I'd seek out other opinions. I've started to get cramping between periods, it was actually quite severe this month. Enough so I had to take ibuprofen for it. Sometimes I used to get a sharp, brief pain of the muscle that is used when you pee (or poop), this month I had it worse than ever, it lasted a good 4 days. Made it a little difficult to go to the bathroom! It seems to correspond with ovulation.

Anyone else ever experiene anything like this?

I know this post is six weeks old, but I was really glad to see it cause I am experiencing something similar.

I'm only 39....never had any problems with my cycles or reproductive problems in my entire lifetime.

In the past 8 years or so, my TOM has been heavier with increased discomfort, which completely allieviated itself the first month of LCing. Pretty sure that was caused by my obesity and poor nutrician.

However, in the past 4 months, I have been experiencing severe cramping the day before I start my TOM. The minute my flow starts, its gone. This month, it was really bad. All last night and early this morning, I actually felt like I was in labor, my uterus actually felt "hard"....sure enough within an hour of waking, my flow started and the pain/hardness disappeared as quickly as it came.

Also, I have been having some breast tenderness about a week/week and a half before TOM starts. However, in the last four months, the breast tenderness has been replaced by a "fever"....not sure if it is an actual "hot flash" because it lasts for more than a few minutes -- usually an hour or two. I am also more sensitive to temperature as a whole....I tend to get cold or hot easier, but in spurts, again, in that week/week in a half before my TOM.

Sex drive is weird too....its either really high or flat out dead.

TOMs come faithfully every month, always been very regular. However, once in the last four months, it came a few days earlier than normal.

Are this perimenopausal symptoms? Can't seem to find enough consistant information out there -- I fit some symptoms, but not quite specific enough for me to know what I am experiencing.

My mother went into full blown menopause at 46 and was through it by 51 without major difficulties (she had to take hormones briefly). She's nutty all the time tho, LOL, no help from her as far as perimenpausal symptoms.