#78   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-09, 14:43

Plan: Metabolic Typing Diet
Stats: 287/259/180 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Question

Quote:
Giving up cheese is so much harder than giving up bread!

Yes!!!!! If I'm not losing weight right now (and I won't know until I'm somewhere with a good quality scale), I've been thinking I might have to give up cheese and nuts for a while. Boo hoo! I adore cheese and just bought 1/4 lb of Leyden cheese with cumin from Holland, and 1/2 lb of aged goat's cheese. Along with like 10 lbs of sauerkraut. Please don't anyone tell me sauerkraut isn't allowed on my LC diet!

Quote:
That's right - MSG is free glutamine. Ironic, isn't it, that Atkins recommends glutamine to fight cravings, yet glutamate causes them! Even more confusingly, glutamates occur naturally in tons of "healthy" foods - anything fermented, aged or even stewed contains "hydrolysed" proteins, of which glutamate is just one part.

What exactly are hydrolyzed proteins? Like hydrolyzed soy in smoked almonds? And what about fermented foods? I like them and my body seems to like them, as in the sauerkraut above. Full of enzymes; I never heat it, just eat it out of the tub, which was filled from the barrel at the krautmaker's.

Quote:
Mood swings, acne, return of sleep apnea, night sweats, headaches, a lot of stomach gas, weight gain... the worst is when I get "glutened," but sometimes there's just no clear explanation for what happened.

Does Atkins recommend digestive enzymes and bacteria? We eat a lot of raw salads and cook our beef (from local sources) very rare, and take acidophilus some of the time, plus mountains of Vitamin C which the good bacteria in your gut love (and the bad bacteria hate). It sounds like your body is trying to get rid of toxins (skin problems, sweat, gas) . . . ?????