Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 186/147/135 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default Info Sharing

Hi.........

It was my first meeting and I am looking forward to going back!

1.) Thyroid people definitely have troubles with alot of saturated fats, refined sugars and flour. I am too avoid all dairy for now, and limit my red meat consumption to 3-4 times per week and they must be lean cuts.

2.) Limit my intake of broccoli, cauliflower and when I do have them cook thoroughly ( I used to eat these raw), (absolutely no soy)peanut butter, nuts in general-flaxseed and flaxseed oil. These are goitergens and can aggivate thyroid troubles.

3.) Eat more fish,eggs(omega 3 brand) pork and chicken - also foods rich in monounsatured fats. Also up my carb intake to about 100 pre ecc. I am to add more foods like steel cut oatmeal etc. for breakfast, small quantities of brown rice and quinoa. Absolutelyno white flour or refined sugars etc.

4.) Also I am to cut my calories from 1600 to 1400. Its sort of like Atking KISS...except they definitely want me to at a minimum of 60gr per day of protein, and spread my meals across 5 or 6 a day.

Right now my choleterol levels are all jazzed up because my non-functioning thyroid troubles. This will get better with timeI am told. Also I have added 200 of selenium per day, Maca Root, and an excellent calcium and magnesium/zinc supplement taken each evening after dinner. I hope this helps.

I agreed not to hit the scale or to measure until I go back in 2 weeks. I also got my blood tests back and my hormone levels for thyroid are outta wack. So my doctor cut back on the levoxyl (T4) and added 25mcg of cytomel (T3). She firmly believes that I have conversion issues.