Old Thu, Jun-16-11, 00:09

Plan: Fatty meat
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 166
BF:11%
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaloa
Warren,

1) This forum is called the Active Low Carb Forum.

c)In the event a person posted in this challenge, who was not familiar with the majority of low carb diets that are discussed with this forum, I would have mentioned that this was not a standard "low carb" diet challenge and was a challenge to eliminate processed foods. Which I believe is clearly spelled out in the post above.
So why not mention it before instead of just assuming that everyone is experienced?

Quote:
2) The sub-forum is Paleolithic & Neanderthin and the Whole 30 challenge is a Paleo challenge.
a) I posted challenge within this forum specifically for people who would be familiar with the paleo style eating (which includes sweet potatoes)
This forum is specifically for people that want to read about paleo. It doesnt mean everyone is experienced in knowing what foods are acceptable on the diet.
Quote:
b) If you Google Whole 30, you will find the Whole 9 website which would provide massive amounts of information on the type of diet and what foods are considered applicable to the challenge.
you are assumig people are going to use a search engine. I've lost count of the amount of times I've read questions on message boards where if the same question was simply put into a search engine the answer would come up in the results.
Quote:
c) There is no specific carb allowance with the Whole 30 challenge. Each individual person decides for themselves what amounts of carbs they are fine with. The purpose of the challenge is to eat whole, unprocessed, unrefined, real food for 30 days.
Well you did say there was "a larger carb allowance than Atkins."

Quote:
4) Just because you “really don't think it's a great idea for somebody inexperienced to jump straight into cutting so many carbs out all in one go” doesn’t matter to me or to anyone else who would be participating in this challenge.
Oh really? so now you are answering on behalf of everyone on the challenge? you make a lot of assumptions. I don't thik it's a great idea because I know for a fact that so many people struggle when they cut back on carbs.
Quote:
a)Numerous low carb diets promote exactly this idea.
Indeed and look how people struggle.
Quote:
b)If this is something that you feel deserves additional discussion on the pros and cons on whether it is or is not “appropriate” to eliminate some or all carbs and how this should be approached, you should start a new thread under “Newbie Questions” or even “Low carb War Zone”.
Telling what, where and how to post now? I have been on paleo for years and had success with it. My advice is very simple. Ease into it very gradually. There is no need to make it hard on yourself as if it's a punishment for being on the wrong diet in the past.

I really don't see how it's a challenge if it's mainly for people that are already experienced. That means I've been completing a challenge like this every 30 days for the last 6 years or whatever it is I've been doing paleo.
Sponsored Links