BF:
Progress: 100%
Default The Orthorexia Quiz

Quote:
Originally posted by razzle
I'll quote three of the questions here
Here are all ten:

The Orthorexia Quiz
1. Do you spend more than 3 hours a day thinking about food?
2. Do you plan tomorrow's food today?
3. Do you care more about the virtue of what you eat than the pleasure you receive from eating it?
4. Have you found that as the quality of your diet has increased, the quality of your life has correspondingly diminished?
5. Do you keep getting stricter with yourself?
6. Do you sacrifice experiences you once enjoyed to eat the food you believe is right?
7. Do you feel an increased sense of self-esteem when you are eating healthy food? Do you look down on others who don't?
8. Do you feel guilt or self-loathing when you stray from your diet?
9. Does your diet socially isolate you?
10. When eating the way you are supposed to, do you feel a peaceful sense of total control?

Honestly, only 7 to 10 can be mildly sticky:
7. I'm not going to feel bad for eating good foods, am I? I won't look down on those who don't but, what can I say? If someone tells me "Oh, I could never live without bread" I may think, "Whatever!"
8. Certainly no self-loathing, barely any "guilt." A tad of disappointment maybe? But hey! There's always tomorrow!
10. "Peaceful sense of total control" sounds like some kind of cult thing; I'm just glad I'm doing the right thing, that's all...
9. "Does your diet socially isolate you?" Now here's the sticky one! I don't mind showing off eating a large piece of meat in public triggering horrified looks, but what do you do when you're in a situation like jabs72 just posted about where there's nothing but carbage to eat? Yes, it is socially isolating to be caught amongst people who appear to be exclusive carbage-eaters!