View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 18:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/230/175 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: -10%
Default First Attempt

Just wanted to ask a couple things as this was my first fluffy cheesecake.

After adding all the ingredients, I had more than what would fit into a 9inch, by about 1/4 to 1/2 inch (estimation). The consitency was slightly frothy, but very creamy and smooth. Once I added the sour cream and eggs the mixer only ran long enough to fold the yolks into invisibility, however, having never beaten 5 pkgs of cream cheese at once, I did run it a long time on just the cream cheese trying to decide, exactly, what 'smooth' was.

The springform pan was at least 2.5 inches high, I think i may have seen higher ones on TV, but this was the deepest in the store.

After cooking, and letting set a bit, I removed the springform (slightly too early I could tell, one side needed support for a while), and the outside 2-3 inches had a cake consistency, but the middle was still quite gooshy. I let it cool another hour and just had to have a piece, and the inner 1-2inches was still soupy
ish.

I have since refridgerated the whole thing, and it is now firmer, but I am afeared that I blew the 'perfect' combination by undercooking it slightly (oven is NOT the best and it could have been at 185 instead of 200).

Is this whole experience normal, or should I jack up the oven 10-15 degrees to allow for a firmer middle (though still soft while hot).

note - used the macadamia nut version of the crust...can you say UM.

note 2 - even runny in the middle, it was a very creamy and enjoyable slice of heaven!

Thanks!