Old Fri, Mar-11-16, 19:49
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser

NEMarvin--I wouldn't worry, as long as you're still losing significant amounts of body fat. 1400-1500 calories a day and a long stall for a guy your height would imply a very sluggish metabolism, but if you're getting appreciable calories from your fat stores, that's okay. My original experience with low carb was that at my heaviest weight, appetite greatly decreased on low carb--but then as I lost weight, appetite returned again.

I wouldn't worry about the lowered appetite by itself--unless there's something else going on, like low energy to go about the day's activities, lack of weight loss reasonable to your calorie intake, etc.

I still have significant fat to burn...if that "makes up" for any shortfall so that the body doesn't think it's being starved. That actually makes sense. It could be also that the slowing metabolism occurs because one is not fat adapted? So a low cal, low fat diet would never force the switchover but would instead say "I'm starving!" Interesting stuff.....

I've certainly been exercising thoroughly in last week. Im planning on adding some "running" as I hope to do a 5k at some point. Also planning on regular weight training as well. That should help?