Thread: Amitriptyline
View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 08:15

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

Hi, sunneywey. A fibro sufferer here also. Just wanted to let you know that going to sleep that fast is usually a sign that you aren't getting restful sleep. I don't have trouble going to sleep, I have trouble staying asleep. Was up this morning at 3:00 or so.

My daughter, whom I believe has CFS (not confirmed yet), has the opposite problem. She can't go to sleep until after 1:00 am.

I have tried everything, and found nothing that works for me that doesn't have side effects. (Ambien helps a lot, but I get diarrhea the morning after). The only thing that works by any measure is a low carb way of life. Which I am having a dreadful time getting back to. ho-hum

If you look at an earlier post, you will find that I have found out that I have fasting hyperglycemia. Which means I make too much insulin when I'm sleeping. I believe that accounts for a lot of what I am dealing with and have often wondered if other fibromytes may have it also.

Hope you find something that works for you. I really get tired of drs. giving antidepressants for sleep. I often wonder if it were prevalent among men more so than women, if there wouldn't be more studies, etc.