View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:03

Plan: CALP now Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile

You poor baby, you are too too hard on yourself. Did you know stress can cause you to gain weight without even trying? Of course you did!
...Now buckle up and look at yourself in the mirror and tell youself you love yourself just the way you are right now...keep saying it until you believe it.. ( I am fearfully and wonderfully made)then tell yourself you are going to change those habits that are driving you crazy. That includes tasting the soups at work, etc. Tell your boss, if you haven't already, that you have a medical condition that does not allow you to eat anything with high carbs in it during the day. If the soups are made with rice, peas, carrots, onions etc. you are still getting carbs in the broth, which may be subtle, but can set you off.
If nothing else, pretend there is an invisible zipper on your mouth which does not come off till supper. ( I know there are some people we wish had that lol) When 3 o'clock rolls around and the carb monster checks in, hit him with low carb veggies or a salad, or cheese or anything thats on the CM lists.( Invite your daughter to eat these kinds of foods with you while she is doing her homework.)
Then when its time for the RM, at least you won't be ravenous... when the RM hour comes, make certain you eat a very large green salad. In the beginning while I was making supper, I had the habit of picking. So I ate my salad while I was making my yummy RM. That way when it came time to sit with my family, I ate the same things they were eating. Just had the salad abit earlier. If its not all timed in the beginning, its ok...Your body will adjust. Another method that also worked for me at the reward meal was to eat all the protein, low carb foods first and save the high carbs for last. And remember the water is so very important, it can't be stated enough...good luck and please love yourself...you are a valuable person...