View Single Post
  #456   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 16:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Just want to note that it's not this week I listed the moving schedule for, but rather next week. This week however is just as cray cray in its own way. Can't begin to list the things to do and people to call, and the packing that never seems to end although I could swear there's hardly a thing left around accept for the furniture and the living room stuff. But there's always a drawer or a closet somewhere that pops up and isn't done.

On top of that, I have taken on two projects for the apartment. We have an old work bench, wood and hand made that is so cool. Top of it is a gorgeous, thick slab of old wood, distressed in all the right ways---from many years of use. I have sanded it down, and am treating it w/stain. Bottom is white and dingy, needs a re-paint, so I'm doing it in a sangria red.

It will be great in our Apt. kitchen as it is long and of counter depth. There is a "breakfast nook" space we won't ever use to eat in. So the newly refinished work bench will go there and give us tons more counter space. It also has some great storage in the bottom of it.

Then we have a large industrial shelf unit, tall w/5 deep shelves. We used it downstairs as our pantry. Thought to myself that will be great in the kitchen too and will hold all our dishes and glasses and bowls---the pretty stuff you don't mind having out, that adds color and fun. I like the industrial look of it, but decided the shelves all needed to be painted white to match the cupboards, how hard can that be, I said to myself.

OMG. Spent all day on it today out on our deck. Wind was blowing leaves into it, spilled some paint, stepped in it and tracked it on the deck, which I then had to clean and sand and oil everywhere it happened. 5 shelves 3 coats on top, 2 on the bottom and tomorrow I have to put the Matt protector finish on it.

I know. I'm out of my ever lovin' mind, but it would be impossible to do this all in the apartment and I think it's going to be great...eventually. Plus it saves us money on storage stuff, counter and table stuff.

But let me just say, I hate painting w/the heat of a nova star. I always look like a speckled bird when I'm done. My arms are aching and so are my hands from sanding the spilled paint out of the deck.

Will tackle the rest of the work bench tomorrow and Thursday, as well as more packing, although we really are towards the end of that. LOL, I keep saying that and there's always more!

Nic---Thanks for the GORGEOUS link to Amy. What a beautiful song, and I've thought so often lately about how "these walls" have witnessed so much. The people who lived here before us were here for 30 years too, so this house has cradled 2 families I know of for 60 years now, and given us a blessed spot on earth to be for so long.

Thanx to ALL MY PALS HERE, for your unending encouragement and support in these difficult months. It has meant so much to me.

Not so many personals today, but lots of love from me to you guys, and so much appreciation. XO