View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-18, 12:09

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

My experience with alcohol has been different from the norm. I only drink wine these days. I don’t find myself getting drunk faster. In fact, it takes me longer to feel it. HOWEVER, I sometimes get much more hungover and have spent at least two nights I can think of hugging the porcelain god on 4 glasses of wine that I’d drunk over four Hours or so. Even when I was 105 pounds I could hold my drink better than that.

I don’t know how much of what I experience is related to my genes. Alcoholism does run in my family, but I’ve never been a big drinker. My sister and husband, who both like their drink, find they have a much lower tolerance on low carb.

I also don’t find that alcohol makes me eat more. It’s never had that effect on me. When I’m drinking, I tend only to want more alcohol. It does however give me chocolate cravings the next day or two.

So what do I do knowing how my body reacts? I NEVER have more than 3 glasses of wine anymore. Not ever. I’m a bit of an introvert and drink in uncomfortable social situations. A few weeks ago, I went to a Christmas party and had my 3 glasses of wine and even then suffered a bad hangover (but at least I wasn’t sick to my stomach). If I find myself having a repeat of that 3 glass hangover, I may have to stop myself at two. Other than awkward social situations, I only drink on weekends and always stop at one or two.

On low carb, my sister drinks wine and vodka. My husband drinks wine and bourbon. No beer anymore.