View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-06, 18:07
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I agree, Nancy. A lot of people get the body lift when they still have plenty of body fat left. Much of the sagging would go away if they lost more fat. I also think a lot of people say they have excess skin, when what they really have is a lot of fat and skin. Now it's likely they would need the surgeyr anyway, even after they melt the fat, but still... why go get a surgery when you're still so heavy?

I just don't understand the concept of getting the surgery when you're still heavy and intending to lose more. The only reason I have not gotten mine yet is because I am still trying to settle at a weight and maintain it for a long time. I am terrified of getting surgery and then gaining or having my body redistribute stuff.

Perhaps he was simply trying to sell me into it, but my plastic surgeon seemed ridiculously confident that I would have an amazing result because I am so thin. He was like "oh this will be cake". He said my belief that being heavier makes for a better result was completely backward, and, in fact, those who are obese are much more likely to have cosmetic and health complications due to their size.