#64   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-11, 23:44

Plan: Any
Stats: 311/195/155 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress:
Red face

Sorry, I tangent-ed...
Yes, eating coconut oil is purportedly fantastic for all of your cells, more specifically, the cell membranes. It very closely (I read) resembles the oil that helps build up the cell membranes to start--keeps 'em nice and permeable but still strong. Coconut's a real fortifying food... all I've got to show is my vastly improved health.

Also, a tablespoon has quite a few calories (not that I find caloric intake to be the end-all be-all it is said to be, of diet)--so a trick I'd do, whenst in a morning rush, was grab a tablespoon or two to swallow on my way out the door! nice energy boost... or it is for me, who desperately needs foods that burn slowly.

(Just felt obligated to say this--the reverse is true. If you eat margarines or other, normally, anyway, trans-fats, then your cell membranes, brain, and all the fattier areas of your body will become more like a plastic. Some say it is trans-fat that is the main culprit in forming that hard stuff that sticks inside your arteries...)

Still, ols1427, you may need to find another oil. I hear things like almond oil, grape-seed (I LOVE grape-seed--it killed my acne, but-gone--and now, it's all I use to cleanse my face, most days) oil, olive oil, can help very well, too. From what I understand, there's tons of nut and herb and plant oils to try, which have anti-septic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal properties--it may only depend upon your financial resources and research resourcefulness.
I just worry you have a bona-fide allergy, here... </3.
I truly pray it only be a reaction to something else you find, and soon.

So... yeah, I just don't have a lot of people to talk to about this stuff, LOL. And if it could be of use to just one person, I'd be a happy bird.
Sorry for spamming this poor old thread...!
-excuses birdself-
<3.