View Single Post
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-11, 19:23

Plan: Any
Stats: 311/195/155 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Yes, I'm quite sure it works for SD & Psoriasis...

Ten days... poor dear. I'm not sure it is apt to improve after such time--anyone else?

The thing is, I can tell you first-hand (well, I guess I already yelled it far and wide on this thread... lol, sorry, I get exuberant when I am SAVED! =D.), unrefined coconut oil IS fantastic for Seborrheic dermatitis and/or psoriasis...

...but it sounds like a) either you are having a good old-fashioned allergy to the coconut, b) the unrefined coconut oil has something in it (besides itself--it shouldn't), or c) something else you are eating, taking as a supplement, or putting on your skin/hair is reacting badly with the coconut oil.
Have you any artificial perfumes--detergents, maybe in the laundry? (Fabric softeners are particularly nasty... for everyone, I daresay.)

It would make me sad indeed if you were allergic... this oil has helped me so well, I feel like a new person. And I don't think I've heard of a coconut oil allergy before, but anything is more than possible, of course!

[Little Note for Acne/Facial Skin-care: I was using pure, unrefined, organic coconut oil on my face--and only this oil--for a while, but I did find it broke me out a bit. Some people, it doesn't; my face-skin pores must be too small, or something, for the big juicy healing coconut molecules.
To this day, I'll still dab a drop of it on an already-infected pore--and it's the first thing I grab for infected earring-holes, and such--but, for my whole face, I generally now use Grapeseed Oil.
Beautiful!--and my thirties mild acne is gone, if I use both my Grapeseed and a sticky droplet of honey on a "spot", anyways... .
Yes, HONEY IS ALSO THE BOMB for any infection. Didn't the ancient Egyptians use it to protect wounds suffered in wars? super-effective; the less refined, the better. (But, yes you can use normal "honeybear" honey for a cut or pimple, too.)]

Back on-topic--my friend, if you are sickening from the coconut oil... you certainly would NOT be missing anything to quit off the coconut, and-soon. A bit of psoriasis is probably just fine, next to a full-blown allergic reaction... .

...Any chance you can ask the doctor for an allergy test? otherwise, I would clean up the rest of my diet- and body-regimens and toss out all the extra chemicals (that is, things you can't recognize as having grown up through the soil, or coming from a hopefully well-treated animal)... *IF* the coconut is bearable for any longer. Only you can know...
perhaps you do need to stop, at least until you've cleaned out some other things (makeups, even...?).
-shrug- All I know is what I'd do...

-hoping for the best healing ever for ols1427-,
Jaxxy. =)