Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 06:56
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunkany
Thank you guys! This gives me hope. My 6-month-old has a little cradle cap but it's not bad. She has no eczema, thank God. My two-year-old has eczema on her trunk. She had bad cradle cap as a baby and I think she still has a little crustiness. It's hard to see becasue she has so much hair. Her hair just soaks up all that oil and I'm not sure how much she gets on her scalp. I have eczema on my hands. LC and coconut oil seems to be helping a bit for both of us. I'm just so desperate to see real results. I've been using castile soap for several months for everything (hands, hair, clothes, dishes) plus various moisturizers and it didn't make a difference. I think sugar is the big culprit, because it got so much worse after I ate a bunch of doughnuts or chocolate. So that's why I started LC-ing. I think it's helping our eczema but the progress is so slow. I lost some weight though. It's hard with my 2-year-old because she whynes for food all day long. She has a hard time giving up bread, milk and cereal, so I have drastically reduced her portions but I still end up giving it to her... It's so boring to eat eggs every day for breakfast. How can you transition a toddler into LC-ing? Any help and ideas?
There's no reason a toddler should be on strict lc. Further, children need a lot of calories and nutritional content for growth. Switch the bread to lc whole grain, the cereal to old fashioned oatmeal, kashi, or other minimally processed grains. Minimize or avoid sugar and fruit juices. Offer plenty of raw or lightly steamed veggies. Concentrate on lower glycemic options for carbs.