#45   ^
Old Wed, Feb-16-05, 21:00
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 195/187/&;150 Female 62"
BF:34%
Progress: 9%
Question New to CALP

Bought the book (CALP) and started yesterday. So far, no cravings per se (although I just read a post about double-stuffed oreos and did have a moment of nostalgia <grin>) and I feel really full. Woke up this morning still feeling full from my RM last night so I skipped breakfast and didn't even notice it until around 11 am (very unusual for me). After years on WW and living low-fat and sugar-free - and mostly giving up wheat products since they seemed to make me hungrier (duh!) I have to admit I'm amazed at what is allowed on this WOE! Hope it works for me because it seems like something I can live with forever!
One question - I LOVE seafood, but my budget often doesn't stretch far enough - can imitation crabmeat be eaten instead of the real deal? (Oh please say yes, oh please say yes!) I have a sneaky feeling the answer is no - I think they use some kind of starch as a binder.
How about corn starch in gravies? (If you use 2 tablespoons of corn starch to make 3 cups of gravy for an RM, how do you figure that into the balance?)
This is a GREAT forum - I'm SO glad I found it!