#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-14, 11:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/140/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default happy turtle?

Is it a bad thing that I WANT to be a turtle. I want to lose slowly. Not that I always felt that way. For many years I wanted to lose the weight as fast and furious as possible. I counted, weighed obsessively, exercised, starved, anything that my brain rationalized would get me to lose it as quickly as possible.

It all only made me fatter in the end.

Now I feel like if I have something like 87 lbs. to lose, (Just guessing, because scales are no longer a part of my life) and I take something like 3 years to lose it, that will be 3 years of practice of eating the way that will help me keep it off, and in the end, that is what really matters to me. AND,
I can either spend those 3 years learning to adopt a new lifestyle and improving my health, hopefully, or yo-yo-ing, losing, gaining, and be right back where or started......or worse, AND feeling "not so good healthwise".
I do not want to lose and regain it all again and again. I will take as long as it takes to get there, and try to enjoy the healthful changes that a new WOE is producing.

I just felt like sharing my thoughts on this and hope I am not offending anyone. Believe me, I know how those that are frustrated with losing slowly feel and I sympathize and wish you the best outcome possible.

voguesd
Sponsored Links