#33   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-13, 09:17

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyann68
I've been reading y'alls posts about using IF with CAD/CALP. I used to love doing the IF with the 5 hr window of eating. I've shared on the regular CAD/CALP thread that I lost weight about 10 yrs ago eating only the RM each day, but have never been able to get back to that. However, I have done IF in the last year and liked doing it with the 19 hr fast and 5 hr eating window. My doc didn't particularly like the idea, but I was able to do it. So I'm thinking that I could do that again using the CAD principles of eating a RM around 2 or 3 o'clock and a CS or SM 5 hrs later.

Thanks MIW for the article you wrote on here reviewing the Heller's story. I'm also reading the SEC book again and the insulin information helps me to see that this will woe with the IF/CAD/CALP combo is the best way to control the blood sugar. I'm with y'all on this all the way. I'm jumping on the wagon with y'all starting my 19 hr fast right now.

Well I just hope you find what works for you, and something that is doeable and satisfying that you can do forever! Do not sweat your doctor. The sad fact is MOST doctors do not no one thing about nutrition, nor hyperinsulinemia. The other sad fact is that the vast majority of health issues are all diet related! You should see the atrocious nutritional information I hand out to diabetics and cardiac patients at the hospital where I work as an RN. Trust me, as an avid dieter you know more than the average doctor. Then next group of doctors, the ones who actually do study nutrition are all on the vegan and macro-nutrient kick that is still low fat, high carb, and into eating as often and frequently as one chooses. Even most natropaths falls into that category. The best thing I ever got, and I use the term "best" lightly is one that handed me a coupon for a free week as Weight Watchers. Little did he know at the time that I had already been to WW 4 other times in my life PRIOR to that!

MIW