View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 08:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/194/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Oh yes it does but you will have bouts of witdrawal for up to two months. Just treat yourself like the addict you are when it hits you and you will get through. A lot of hot baths and personal pampering got me through some tough spots. Also I treated myself to new perfum so I could smell myself for once in 30 years AND smell good LOL.

When the going gets rough, remember, like any other drug addict your body is going through huge changes - that's why you feel so lousy. Your body is ridding itself of poisons! That's why the first 72 hours are the roughist. After that your body is still adjusting - screaming for the drug of choice (nicotine) Slowly it subsides - normally within the first week or two. Then, if you are like me and have smoked for awhile, it will take awhile to break the habits associated with quitting and that's part of withdrawal too!
I had a very difficult time sleeping - I was having jolts in my sleep.
Called the doc and he said to take benedryl which worked very well for getting rid of some of the physical symptoms.

Even today, sometimes I want to smoke - but the addiction is gone and I can easily tell myself that like a herion addict if I can't have just one or I'll be hooked all over again!
So I let the thought pass without acting on it.
This is the part that gets easier each day after the first 72 hours.

Hope this helps,
Erika