View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-18, 07:28

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Many of us have had to deal with everything you're describing. You're not unique, but you control the path to success or not.

Quote:
But the idea of NEVER going back to my pizza eating ways. I start to have thoughts like, "what's the point of life then?" Yeah I know how dumb that sounds. But I'm an addict. I read those articles that food addiction can be as powerful as drug addiction and I believe it. I was a binge eater. I would eat pizza and chocolate until I felt physically ill. I couldn't stop myself. If the food was in the house, I would eat it until it was gone. How can I ever really change? How can I keep the weight off. It's so discouraging know that, when I reach my "goal" the journey is just beginning, and if I EVER screw up, if I'm ever weak, I'll just gain it all back. I know I will, I've done it before.

This is key, and you're not alone here as well. Yes, food addiction is very powerful. I'm a reformed carb addict. I developed Insulin Resistance and could eat any amount of carbs without becoming satiated and when I'd cut back, the cravings were the start of withdrawal and called me back. I was on the path to obesity and diabetes with all the associated symptoms starting to develop. That being said, check out this forum, as there are many who have successfully conquered this addiction and now manage their way of eating (WOE) with consistency and purpose. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. In time, you'll have wonderful eating experiences with a varied menu associated with a low carb approach, and during these meals, you'll know when and want to stop. Read about meal timing and the ingredients and foods that are good for you. Check out DietDoctor.com for an excellent resource for food strategies and meal menus. Good luck on your journey!