View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 12:31

Plan: Suzanne Somers'
Stats: 142/118/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Thanks for the tip Kelly!

I went and read the stuff about sweeteners on the side link here as you suggested. I am already a little leery of Suzanne's program because it is so very high in fat. Now I read that too much Fructose may increase triglycerides and cause blood cholesterol to increase.

The studies Suzanne quotes to back up her assertion that LC diets are safe, all focus on Atkins versus low fat diets. Not HER diet vs anything. I tend to go with less cream and butter than she suggests simply because it makes me sick. I favor lean meats, a touch of cooking oil rather than pools of butter, and whole milk where she suggests cream. I'm losing ok and I don't feel nauseated from all the fat.

I have a terrible sweet tooth though, so this artificial sweetener thing is always on my mind. So far I've found somersweet to have a terrible bitter taste when carmelized, but otherwise it's fine. I lilke Splenda too, but the Chlorine element in it makes me nervous. Moderation, as usual, is the key. I just wish my sweet tooth understood that!