Old Wed, May-27-09, 10:13
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby3
You're right, Judy. It should be a way of life and for the last six years for most part it is for me. It only happens on holidays when I'm at other people's homes and I can't control what's being served. It would be nice to be able to have a couple glasses of wine and a brownie once in a while with friends but it won't kill me not to. I rarely overeat any foods. I used to love chocolate but after years of LCing I no longer even like it. I have found some alternatives for my sweet tooth that work great for me at home. I know I could always take my own food to these gatherings but that usually leads to a discussion about my diet and why I can't have this or that. I do not enjoy these discussions and avoid them at all costs. If you're not a LCer they don't get it. Anyway, I was just wondering if other LCers gain water weight as rapidly as I do.

Here's some ideas for you:
if you only drink wine once in a while, try to cut it in half by havng spritzers with club soda. One glass is OK, secnd glass and you are starting to play with fire....beyond this, and for most people, all boundaries around food disappear. I know that its happened to me.
Brownies- On South Beach, we use the " 3 bite rule" for instances like that. I will take 3 big bites!! I had a cookie over the weekend....a big one too. But because I didn't make it a whole weekend doing stuff like that, my weight stayed the same.
On bringing your own food....I hear ya on not wanting to be grilled about your diet....and at the same time, a nice tray of fresh veggies and dip is always welcome.

When I go to any holiday celebration, I always make sure to bring one dish that I know will make me feel good about my food. Then, I put 1 spoonful of all foods on my plate to taste it all...and have seconds on protein only.