#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 19:07
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%
Default "Induction worthy" Garlic Roasted Chicken

I'd like to make a contribution, though I'm not the best at remembering exact measurements and so on.

Anyway..got this recipe from my Mom who got it from a friend of hers, so hopefully I'm not infringing on any copyrighted recipe ideas. The recipe was passed onto me verbally.

Here goes:

Whole Roasting Chicken (approximately 4-5 pounds I think - the thing cost me $10 CAD at Superstore)
2 *whole* bulbs of fresh garlic, intact

Pre-heat oven to 350F.

Peel off the papery, outer layer of peel from the two whole bulbs of garlic, leaving the bulbs intact (sans the outer papery layer of skin), insert into the chicken. Place chicken in roasting pan, uncovered.

Bake at 350F for 2 hours, basting occasionally.

That's it! Then, just discard the garlic, carve the chicken and serve on a platter.

The thing was heavenly!!! The garlic roasted inside the chicken, and it's intense flavour permeated the meat. There was enough food for four of us, along with lots of leftovers and even a few treats for our dogs.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend this dish to anyone looking for a good "induction worthy" main dish. The chicken was very tender, moist and flavourful.

I don't know the carb count, so can't post it here. If someone can let me know where I can compute carb counts for recipes, I'll be sure to include that in my next contribution.

Enjoy
Sponsored Links