#28   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 00:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
It just occurs to me. If I'm not mistaken, the thing that holds the pasta together is - eggs. I thought I could be mistaken, so I checked. Industrial pasta has no eggs in there. Must be just for home made stuff. Anyways, it's an idea to make egg pasta, minus the wheat flour. I guess we'd call this egg noodles.

Just got an idea. Whey protein as substitute for wheat flour. So basically, eggs, whey, some kind of fat like olive oil or butter or whatever. Anybody ever try that?

Homemade pasta, as I used to make it, is flour, eggs, a bit of water, and maybe some olive oil, salt. I don't try to make substitutes for the food I used to eat, though I do try sometimes to come up with similar flavors, so I don't think I would be inclined to make "pasta" with some sort of flour substitute. Pasta sauce, for the most part, goes nicely with veggies or eggs. Filled pasta, like my above mentioned crab ravioli, is more difficult. But I will try that, now that I have thought of it, with a thin omelette, and see how it goes. There are other ways to eat crab, and there are other ways to eat saffron butter sauce, and one can go through life fairly comfortably without eating either, so if it doesn't work no great harm done.
I also have a pasta roller on an upper shelf somewhere. Perhaps it is time to send it to the thrift store.