Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
Counterpoint to her pasta and taters.

Saturday, we had a nice dinner for four at my mom's. Steak, salad, mushrooms and wine. Simple and boring? You bet, but oh so wonderfully tasty. Steak and mushrooms cooked in (lots for the shrooms, my very own simplest of recipes, just brilliant if I say so myself)) butter in the pan. A bit of cumin (don't know the English name, is it curcuma or something like that?) and salt for the mushrooms, just salt for the steak. Salad with lots of avocados, I think Boston lettuce, a somewhat mild but tangy vinaigrette, and bits of some kind of sausage. The steaks of course, seared rare. The wine was some Pinot Noir, I think, nothing too fancy, just right. . . .

So moms are moms. There's only so much you can fix about that.

Tellingly, this description of food made me salivate. The pasta? Not even.

I had some chicken last summer that was served (without my prior knowledge) with a breaded stuffing between layers of the chicken meat. Without discussion with my brain, my mouth spit it out on my plate, and only then did I analyze the flavor: "Hey, is there bread in this?" (not to my hostess, of course, and I was discreet about getting it out of my mouth). It was a gag reflex. Still remember how bad it tasted to me even before my brain said 'bread'. Nasssty.

I'm really sorry to hear that this LC thing is only going to last for a little while longer for me. I'm going to miss being slender and healthy and fit and active. If I squint hard when I look in the rear-view mirror, I can sorta remember being 35, so maybe I don't even have a full two or three years to enjoy the benefits. Pity, that.