#19   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-17, 14:37

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevangel
What can I say? I still make and eat pasta sauces. Now I just eat 2 or 3 times as much of the SAUCE and skip the pasta!

Or, when we go out with friends to an Italian restaurant for dinner, I've learned to ask "Instead of pasta, could I have this sauce over some lightly steamed vegetables?" I've never been told no.

Typically the cook will plate my selected sauce over a mixture of steamed veggies so that my meal turns out to be more colorful and TASTIER than the pasta version. I've got non-LC friends that now make the same request. IMHO, the PASTA itself is a tasteless "filler." I don't know anybody who would even want to sit down to a plate of pasta without any sauce. But, how many folks will happily spoon up every bit of leftover sauce once the pasta is gone.

And yet the gourmet pasta places act like it's their handmade pasta that's the real star of the dish. I'd love to see how much they'd sell if they only offered it without sauce, no olive oil, no butter. Let's skip the salt and any other seasonings too, and let the real pasta flavor shine!

Yum... gimme a big bowl of that fancy shaped library paste! NOT!