Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 09:33
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/blend
Stats: 250/210/150
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default what's a pork rind

mistybee;
If I remember my atkins right (HA) the pork rind is the skin of the animal, that has been rendered and fried leaving only the matrix of the skin intact. now, what that means I am not sure of. but they have way way less fat and bad stuff than most people think, they are high in salt though. I used them alot when I first started too, everything from snacks to french toast. then as more low carb knowledge and product became available I use them less and less. they can be a great help while you are learning to eat a low carb life. people crush and season them for coating, crush and add cream and egg for french toast..which is not as nasty as it sounds.. and crush and use as filler for meatloafs and meatballs etc. they are not mandatory to LC. I use a blend of gluten and oat flour to coat things, and low carb bread from the HFS to have french toast, and just leave the filler out of the meatballs etc. they are a good tool. but I found that eating them as snacks I was snarfing down an entire bag and telling myself it was unlimited cause it was low carb..and that is where danger lays.. NOTHING IS UNLIMITED. period. you are trying to eat healthy and have chosen a healthy diet, now you have to learn how to apply it to your lifestyle and not continue to binge (my personal snack problem) and to slowly modify all the bad habits you have picked up into into healthy choices and knowledgeable living. This board will be a great help to you.
Best
Jane