View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-17-09, 07:28

Plan: Almost vegan,lowGI,lowfat
Stats: 270/236/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Yes - for me it was a "perfect storm" of a coworker lending me Skinny Bitch and then another intellectual type coworker winning Omnivore's Dilemma and lending it to me. That was it for me. Whoa.

My family too, has groaned and makes fun of me sometimes, but they also see the results...DH is happy cuz now I can wear cute heels instead of ugly wide shoes . And while they are still omnivores, much less so.

There are some wonderful blogs with wonderful recipes - my favorites are "fat free vegan", "vegan lunch box", "post punk kitchen" etc. And of course, all the wonderful lowcarb recipes here that are veggie.

Also, there are another two books that explain why going vegan is good for you...and give you recipes which are great....The 30 Day Diabetes Miracle Diet (even if you don't have diabetes) and Dr. Neal Barnard's book (can't remember the name at the moment, but google him). The 30 Day people (Lifestyle Centers of America) also recently released a cookbook. Love these two books, they really explain things.

Yay for all of us!!