#3   ^
Old Wed, May-03-06, 17:13
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 130/129/116 Female 5' 2.5"
BF:24%/21%/12%
Progress: 7%

Chelles-

Thanks for your reply, I am sure you are right about not dropping the carbs too much, I think mine are still pretty high by LC standards- yesturday I had 109 grams!

I am not really concerned so much with weight loss, but with the health benefits I believe this WOL offers. I suffer from inflammation of the joints-swollen knuckles, sore knees and weakened ankles while eating a SAD-not good for someone who loves both weights and martial arts. When cutting carbs, all of these symptoms totally disappear. Inflamation in the form of heart disease is extremely prevelant in my family as well. Both of my parents suffered heart attacks before the age of 60 and both of my surviving grandparents have had either a triple or a quadriple bypass. So heart disease is something I am trying to avoid.

So I am trying to figure out a way to optimize both my training as well as my health.

Yesturday, with the 109 grams of carbs,I did fine in the begining of class, but hit a wall half way through, actually it was more like 20 minutes into it. It is like I am fine one moment and the next, no fire left.

Not sure if this helps, but the carbs I had came in the form of goji berries, cashews, a banana and in my creatine.

Sandy