View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 10:15

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Talking hang in there

I started LC in 2001. I don't think I was fully commited to making permanant changes in my life and I set myself up to fail. I was just like you, I felt great, lost weight, wasn't hungry, and felt happier...and then I fell of the wagon.

This time around I was ready. Just like Debi said, prepare ahead of time. That was huge for me. Plan your meals in advance when you can.

At this point I feel like I have made life long changes. I no longer think about the things I "shouldn't" eat. I just don't want them anymore. Food is no longer the focus of my life. I am however, very in tune to how different foods make me feel. I have learned what causes cravings in me. You will learn that about yourself too.

I have read everything I can get my hands on. I love this web site, folks here are very informed and helpful. I also have talked the ears off my husband about WHY and HOW living low carb works. I now get the support from my family because this time they understand it.

If you haven't already, I would suggest you read the CALP book and Atkins. They are both very good.

Keep a journal, track everything, your food, weight, stress, emotions, measurements, and what clothing size you are wearing if it interests you. Months down the road you will enjoy looking back in your journal and seeing how far you have come.(My journal is a 4"x5" fat little notebook that fits in my purse)

I lose weight more slowly now on CALP. That's okay because I am patient. One to two pounds a week. That is what we should aim for. Sometimes one pound in a week doesn't seem like much, but you have time to do this. Don't forget that. It's not a diet, its your life.

I think I wrote a novel......
Libby