View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 11:23
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

I watch the TODAY show every morning and honestly I can't say that I ever saw a fat 100 year old on there. Calorie restriction does NOT neccessarily mean you are starving yourself your entire life. It just means you are eating a little below the average intake of calories. For instance if you should eat 2500 calories a day to maintain your ideal weight, then eat 2000. That is not such a huge reduction that you couldn't enjoy life. I rarely hear thin people complain about being hungry. It is usually heavy people who are always hungry. I believe it is because even though they are eating too much, it is not the right foods. In fact I saw an article that said one of the reasons obese persons have bad health is because they are literally starving themselves of the proper nutrients. At over 250 lbs. I felt awful all the time myself. I have ust recently cut my calories down to below 2000 a day. Not that I actually count them, but when I put what I've eaten down on FITDAY, it says my daily caloric intake is between 1500-1800 calories.