#164   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-12, 09:42

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelliek
I"m about ready to bag Atkins and go to Protein Power and having some fruits and GF toast once a week.

That's fine. I just hope you don't get discouraged and give up on low carb entirely, especially if you have any close relatives with diabetes like I do. My weight loss record on low carb has actually been fairly dismal (I don't update my stats here or they'd be some ups and downs in weight). Reducing calories does seem necessary for my weight to budge downward when I can get it to at all, which is why I'm experimenting with true nutritional ketosis to see if that helps any. The reason I stay on low carb though regardless of weight loss or not is with my personal and family history health I'm at high risk of diabetes, probably would already have it if not for low carb. My fasting glucose has lately returned to the normal range (especially since starting nutritional ketosis with cutting way back on already fairly low carbs and some on protein). I also don't spike on glucose after meals due to not eating the carbs that fuel sugar spikes, so even if I never get thin at least I know I'm doing all I can to dodge the horrible effects of diabetes.