View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 21:43
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I must admit, Sky Spinner, just recently I had to go back and analyze my wieght loss and just what program was working for me. I realized that this year was the first year I really did Akins and I did not lose weight this year like I had the past two years when I was more CAD than Atkins.

Generally after SAD, I would do two weeks of Atkins to get my body in a low carb mode and then use Atkins whle CADing 2-3 times a week. This seemed to work really well for me and I would lose 40-50 pounds during the summer.

This summer I did Atkins religiously and tried to eat more meals. Well, I pretty soon realized what more than 4 meals was doing to me but had only lose 10 pounds by mid August. Generally I lost 10-12 pounds a month the previous two years. In desperation, a panic actually, I went on fat fast. I then lost weight but I think that part of the weight was muscle loss because when I went off fat fast I gained some weight back. Then I discoved fat flush and modified it to be low carb and I really lost. This summer I will not be attempting to adhere to Atkins after the two week induction at all. But I have incorporated some foods that are allowed on Atkins and not CAD that I don't react to and to the concept of net carbs, if I don't react to them. CAD just fits my body chemistry better. I was just trying to find something that worked faster. It didn't. No surprise, huh? But I also think I need Atkins induction after SAD season because I just am so out of control at the end of SAD that It's a nice transition to get my mind and body back under my control.

Did I confuse you more or do you understand better. I think journaling is great for helping you think clearer and really ponder things. I think also helping you CAD members find the right path has also brought me back home to. Thanks.