View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 14:11
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%
Question just started...how about results?

Hi there!
I have been lowcarbing for 3 weeks. I lost 5 lbs initially. Gained a bit back and then lost a bit each week at a slow slow but steady pace.
My stomach felt great and I enjoyed the food with no psychological cravings at all.
Unfortunately, I did experience one side effect the first week that went away for awhile and then got steadily worse to the point where I have decided to come and do SS. I became incredibly irritable and depressed. I was short tempered and feeling very despondent. These are not feelings that I have ever had except without external provocation. And then never like this! And I awoke every morning with a vague migraine type headache and a feeling of anxiety and dread. Again, not my normal state all. And my hot flashes returned this last week, something that I have not experienced for years.
I read and thought and finally after reading SS latest book came to the conlusion the my seratonin level had probably dropped too low.
So I am following SS plan. A light carb meal in the morining and then pro/fats lunch dinner and snack and then later at night at least 3 hours later a fruit snack. I don't eat grains cause they don't agree with me (except for real occassionally some brown rice or buckwheat)
And I am veg and love dairy. I have food combined before but more a la Marylou Henner (veggie fats go either way)
SS recipes look delicious and I tried some and loved 'em.
So, I guess my question is will this work? It seems to good to be true! So much variety!
I just can't believe that I won't gain weight instead of lose it! What results has everyone been having? and so few restrictions?!!!
oh just one more question.... I drink a whey protein drink everyday. 22g protein and 2 g carbs. I drink it at lunch with a pro/fats meal. Does this sound acceptable?

thanks for you help!
Sponsored Links