View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 04:05
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Well, bless your heart Barbara!!!! You do know me---my flaws included, I'm sure!!! If you have been reading my story during this year of maintenance, you know that I have had my turn at facing fears. I think you are wise to face and acknowledge yours. I'll bet this keeps you from stalling your own progress.

It took me quite a while to decide that I would be open about my surgery, but I have sure learned some things since I opened up. Primarily I am now realizing how many of my women friends are thinking of having tummy tucks. The women I know in my 3D life want it because of the body changes brought on by child birth. The two friends that are the most interested are both blond hotties who have never had weight problems. They are quite a bit younger and both had 3 children each. They have talked to me about varying levels of elasticity and how they feel about the changes in their bodies.

During the process of becoming thin, I have to admit that I had to let go of some prejudices against these friends. I am horrified that I ever felt so critical of other women, but I did. (Incidentally, one of these women is the one I spoke of about the tight clothing in my 'Have You Noticed...' initial essay.) The disdain I felt toward the "naturally" thin women of the world could of course be easily dismissed as jealousy, but really it was a type of fear. I was afraid that I would never be able to achieve what my young friends have. It took me the better part of this past year to finally stop judging myself harshly for my deep desire to be thin...it was much harder than getting over my prejudice against my hottie women friends!!

Anyway, I'm grateful for the interchanges I've had since "coming out" about the surgery, which I honestly think of as reconstructive. Ultimately, it seems to come down to the degree with what we as individuals feel comfortable doing to achieve the body that suits us. Developing empathy for others is easier than facing the fears and desires for myself. There is a progression though.

Maybe my story can help in this way.
Thanks for the support and back at cha,
Sara<><