BF:
Progress: 100%

New York Style Cheesecake - updated
Makes 12 servings

Crust

1 cup finely ground almond meal
1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp. each bulk, pourable Splenda and bulk, pourable Canadian Sugar Twin or 4 tsp. bulk, pourable splenda
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg white

Filling
2 1/2 lbs. brick-type cream cheese at room temperature (note: 2 1/2 pounds of cream cheese or 5 8 oz. packages, not 2 1/2 packages
5 Tbsp. each bulk, pourable Splenda and bulk, pourable Canadian Sugar Twin or 1 1/4 cups Splenda
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks
6 large eggs

Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line the bottom of a 9-inch (22.5-cm) springform pan with parchment paper and coat the inside of the pan with butter.

Combine the almond meal, cinnamon, salt and sweetener. Add the butter and mix well. Beat the egg white until foamy and add to the almond mixture. Stir well and pat into the bottom of the prepared pan. The crust will be thin, and wetting your hands will help with the patting. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool.

Increase the oven temperature to 500°F (250°C). In a food processor or mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweeteners, sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla and process or beat until combined. Add the egg yolks and then the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated before you add the next one. Remember to scrape the bowl frequently while you are mixing.

Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and carefully pour the filling over the crust. Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200°F and continue baking for 1 1/2 hours. Do not open the door! The cheesecake should still look soft in the center. Transfer to a cooling rack. After 5 minutes, run a paring knife around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Continue cooling to room temperature. Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting.

Per serving
Carbohydrates: 5.8 g, Fiber: .8 g, Protein: 13.7 g, Fat: 44.7 g, Calories: 473
Per serving made with Splenda only, add 1.6 grams carbohydrate

To Cut Cheesecakes Cleanly…

Dip your knife into very hot water and wipe the blade dry. Repeat the procedure after each cut and you’ll have beautifully smooth slices of cheesecake.

Frequently Asked Questions

You use bulk Splenda and I only use packets?

Splenda Packet Conversion Chart

Why combine sweeteners?

Combining Sweeteners Question

Can I use liquid Splenda?
Yes. Use the conversion instructions that come with sweetener.

Can I make a chocolate version?
I've never done it, but you can experiment and post the recipe here.

Can I use DaVinci syrup as the sweetener?
Again, I've never tried it.

Does it taste like lemon?
No, the lemon juice provides a bit of tang and is not detectable.