View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 13:46

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Amazing Supreme Pizza

I got this recipe from a friend and oh my, it is amazing. I made it for lunch, and I can't wait to make it for dinner.

The ingredients are going to vary depending on the person...so I thought I would share the general recipe and everyone can twique it for them.

FIRM tofu (from the veggie section) : 1 package has about 6 carbs
tomato paste (although I may try marinara instead b/c it was a bit tart) : this is the carby part of the recipe w/ 5 carbs for 2 tbsp. so use sparingly
mozarella cheese (grated)
oregano (optional)
And my toppings were:
green peppers
mushrooms
onions
pepperoni
(my friend that gave me the recipe always puts sasuage on too)

Okay, here's what you do:
Preheat oven 350. Next, slice the Firm tofu thinnly (I get about 6 slices from one package, but my friend slices them even thinner). Then you fry them in light olive oil. When I say fry, then don't have to be completely submerged in oil. Fry until crispy (they will brown). After fried, remove and place on baking sheet (I toweled my pieces off first to get off excess oil). Once on sheet I layered on the toppings (little tomato paste, cheese, other ingredients, cheese, and oregano). Bake in the oven until cheese has browned.

The carb count really depends on how much you eat. I wanted to eat the whole box of tofu after I had my first 2 pieces. In any case, the carb count is LOW as long as you use limited amounts of tomato paste.

Yummmm.
Sponsored Links