#15   ^
Old Sat, May-27-06, 20:58

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelles
I'm 34; I can only hope that by the time I hit menopause they'll have a better concensus on what we should do.

I'm glad HRT's side effects were exposed early - maybe there will be studies regarding HGH or testosterone for menopausal women by then.

Chelles, I'm only a few years older than you....I turn 40 in Dec. and my symptoms first hit me right around my 39th birthday. Thought I was too young to be perimenopausal until my mom informed me her symptoms started at my exact age....she turned to premarin/provera (synthetic) at 46, completed her change at 51 and still takes her same meds.

Bioidentical hormones seem to be standing out as the better and safer option, but they don't work for every woman.

The information out there is really conflicting, and with menopause being so individual, its really hard to say if treatment options will improve any time soon.

I do think that as LCers, we have an edge, due to the nutricianal support and being able to know our bodies so well. Its the best foundation we can have.

Bawdy, I'll be peeking in your journal to see how things go for you....I'm interested in seeing how well these meds end up working for you and how long it takes for you to obtain some balance.