View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-16, 10:17
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

See, that's where I think the logic breaks down. Fasting is no different than severe calorie restriction except it is more extreme.

"Reducing food intake for weeks causes metabolism to slow, so that a person who once needed 2,000 calories per day to function might now need only 1,800. After the fast is over, it’s not clear whether the metabolism will bounce back. A recent study of contestants on The Biggest Loser, who cut their calorie intakes dramatically for the show, found the participants must now eat hundreds fewer calories each day than people of a similar size in order to maintain their reduced weights."

So, I guess I'd want to see some studies that proved it wasn't the same. And I'd want to see these same studies replicated. Getting your metabolism slowed down by 15-30% permanently isn't fun. I'm not sure but if you do this over and over again, does it slow more each time?

Quote:
I will force my body to take it's protein requirements from the extra skin I grew when I blew up in size.

Oh dear... I have no idea where your body is going to get it's protein requirements. It could be your heart, your liver, your left big toe. What on earth makes you believe it will be your extra skin?