View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-03-15, 09:39

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey, ESW! I get you. I've got 11 months under my belt in this WOE, but frankly, the holidays have got me a bit nervous. As a mostly introverted person and somewhat socially awkward, I hate calling attention to myself. Being sensitive myself (which I don't consider a bad thing) comments like you have been getting would make me feel uncomfortable, too. I wish I could just be cavalier about it, but honestly, it's taken a bit of practice to not internalize things like that.

I asked on another thread about how people handle food pushers during the holidays. Didn't get many answers. Not real comfortable with being blunt and would rather be gracious. I think I am going to say things like "Looks delicious, but I am really full right now. I'll have some later." Later never comes. Or "You know I've developed an allergy to wheat. It tastes really good, but really hurts my stomach later."

My other strategy for the holidays is to make sure that I have some treats that are legal. Don't want to feel deprived.