View Single Post
  #101   ^
Old Wed, May-13-15, 14:58

Plan: ?
Stats: 245/237/200 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 18%

I think I also fall into this semi-low carb category. I decided that I need to lose weight and I just can't do Atkins again. I did it around 13 years ago and lost 80 lbs then it all came back on.

I decided that now I am just not going to eat flour or sugar. I know, simple, right? I am also including potatoes and rice, so basically nothing "white."

I have not had huge success. I'm not sure but I think I may have been doing this for about 2 months and have had 7 lb weight loss. Bummer. But I march on.

One thing I should mention and you all may think this sounds crazy, but I don't want to do any "put myself into ketosis" or anything like I did in the past because I travel for work and I just know I can't maintain something like that. And if any of you have ever done the full-on Atkins thing, you know that when you "cheat," you 1) feel terrible and 2) pile on the pounds.

I guess this time I'm in it for slow and steady. If I cheat and eat bread, I cheat. I will have a slice or two of pizza with my hubby every now and then. But then I get right back off of the wheat/rice/potato/sugar because I really don't feel deprived most of the time.