#20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-13, 14:42

Plan: No added sugar/nostarches
Stats: 193/174/170 Male 6'-0"
BF:
Progress: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinita
cpsnow, what made you gain weight? you said over the holidays (you mean the 4th?) and ate sugar (do you mean refined processed foods or fruits and veggies?).

Sounds to me you have a handle on the situation. And that perhaps, you can't have both at one time?

Just my take on it.

---

I say stick with what you know, works. Be patience with the short term disruption to your athletics. And then once you are where you want to be at. Start experimenting with some fruit during matches or intense work out sessions. And all other times (non match/work out times) watch your carbs.

Just my take on it...

Hi lovinita, Yes, your suggestion is what I have settled on. Low carb except before serious exercise. That seems to work from an exercise/competition point of view.

When I said I'd gained, yes -- the holidays were the Christmas/New Years holidays, and honestly I haven't recovered yet. I'd maintained an excellent weight for me of 168-170 for 7 months, and I let things slip a bit with all the candy and holiday food that surrounded me. I've been struggling to get back ever since, meaning I have not sustained the absolutism of the low carb that lost me the weight in the first place and with which I was so happy.

On the other hand because I have an easy time not eating bread/rice/pasta/cereal, the gains are less than ever before. I'm down to 178 from a high of 181 (193 before low carb). I have trouble with night eating and especially sweets. But I am now recommitted and trying to get back to where I was. I really have to not allow any sugar back in, as it feeds on itself, causes cravings, and increases my hunger. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now, but the bodily signals are very powerful...